Saturday, October 22, 2011
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
1. With regards to problems always remember that when it rains it pours. And sometimes, there can even be hailstorms, even in the Philippines.
2. Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. Is it worth all the worrying?
3. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going to.
4. No matter where you go, there will always be bad drivers.
5. If someone compliments you, smile and accept it. Take a moment to remember all the people who helped make you worthy of the compliment.
6. Stop “sleeping on it” [problems]. If it were a real problem, you wouldn’t be able to sleep anyway.
7. The only permanent thing in life is change. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you’ll be happy.
8. Stop worrying about the “what-ifs”. Things will happen if they’re meant to happen.
9. Sunscreen was invented for a reason.
10. Remember that it takes both rain and sunshine to make a rainbow.
11. Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and the world suddenly remember it has to be somewhere else.
12. Beer/Liquor doesn’t have the answer to problems. It only puts worries on hold.
13. You can’t make people like you, and you can’t please everyone.
14. Tequila is evil. It will always be evil, so don’t expect that it will go easy on you next time.
15. Practice makes perfect, even if sometimes you hit several cars along the way.
16. The opposite of “love” is not “hate”, but “not give a damn.”
17. Those who can, do. Those who can’t teach and flunk those who can.
18. You can cry over spilled milk. Just be sure to clean up afterwards.
19. If at first you do succeed, try not to act surprised.
20. Always be friendly to the people you meet on your way to the top. You are going to meet them on your way down.
21. To make your dreams come true, you have to wake up first.
22. You are never a failure unless you blame someone else.
23. There are a lot of things taught in school that you think you won’t need. And indeed, most of them, you really don’t need.
24. The teacher you hate the most gives you the worst grades, doesn’t credit you for your efforts and can’t be bought. He goes by the name “experience”.
25. Don’t talk unless you can improve the silence.
26. There is a big difference between “like” and “love”. Learn which is which.
27. Only you can hear your heart breaking and your real friends are the ones who hear its echo.
28. If you don’t have anything nice to say to your neighbour, it’s best to shut up, keep things to yourself and walk away. Why destroy a person’s image when you yourself have to work on yours?
29. Sometimes, it’s best to keep your feelings to yourself.
30. Cry him/her a river. Then build a bridge and walk over it. You may have to repeat the “procedure” a couple of times before you can stop building bridges.
31. When someone says he/she likes you, he/she just “might” really mean it.
32. True friends will make fun of what you do but support you all the way. Acquaintances will praise your work and then not give a damn.
33. Its no use hanging on to a relationship that is only in your head. Wake up and make it happen.
34. A true friend won’t jump off a cliff with you. He/She will be at the bottom to catch you.
35. If he can’t see what amazing and awesome you are… move on, while secretly wishing that one day he will.
36. Parents give their children two (2) things: roots and wings. Children give their parents two (2) things: screaming fits and migraines.
37. Remember that someday you too, will be getting scream fits and migraines. So try to reduce what you give to your parents.
38. Always remember that you mother and one foot in the grave to bring you to this world. And you father had to bear with her mood swings for 9 months.
39. Family isn’t just about being related. It’s about actually being there for each other thru thick and thin.
40. If you want to keep something from your family, don’t write it down in your diary.
41. The perfect, normal family is the one that is dysfunctional with many skeletons in the closet.
42. If your mother tells you to brush you teeth before going to bed or you teeth will rot, she’s telling the truth.
43. It’s ok to cry and bawl your eyes out once in a while.
44. Always have some alone-time.
45. People have their own little quirks. But unless they involve public nudity and self-mutilation, don’t try to change them.
46. You don’t have to wait until New Year’s Day to make a resolution.
47. Love and respect yourself. If you can’t, how will others love and respect you?
48. There is no such thing as a “perfect” body. If there is, then Barbie dolls would have come in different shapes and sizes.
49. Forgive yourself for torturing yourself.
50. You are an awesome person. Don’t change for anyone.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
The Crafter's Retreat would like bring to your attention an upcoming event hosted by Crop till you drop Retreats which is owned by Denise Iles a member of the Crafter's Retreat and would very much love for you to join her in a most important cause.
$30 One Day
$50 Two Days
(Rate includes crop space, attendance gift, lunch, dinner and drinks)
Space is limited. Make sure to reserve your spot early.
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Sunday, October 2, 2011
It's so easy and they make great gifts
Saturday, October 1, 2011
The flowers came from www.iamroses.com.
The charms were from eBay.
I used a grosgrain ribbon from Michaels, the card stock is from American Crafts and Prima.
I used copic markers and layered Stickles on top.